Article about how long does it take to move? Discover the ideal duration
for your move before obtaining moving quotes!
A simple Moving Checklist to get you started!
Organization goes a long way when moving. Be sure to do your research on any moving companies that are available to you. It’s always good to get a few quotes to compare. Make sure the moving company you choose has insurance available.
Crown Movers wants to help you throughout the entire moving process, so we created the moving checklist. Save yourself the headache and organize your move. Scheduling tasks over time leading up to the big day will relieve some stress of moving.
Preparing for your move
Give yourself plenty of time to prepare for your move. This way you are prepared when unforeseen things arise as they always do. There are many tasks that are involved in moving from disconnecting utilities to arranging pet care during moving day.
Give yourself a little to do each day and week. Don’t procrastinate, so you are not overwhelmed when moving day is close. If you have a busy schedule and still do not have time to do some of these tasks such as packing, then add the additional service to your moving package with your movers when going over your moving quote.
Crown Movers offers residential moving services that include packing, packing supplies, loading, and unloading, and we can even help you donate your things. Do you need storage space? Don’t worry, because we can help you there, as well as save you money by using one of our storage partners. Check out our services page to find out more information on how we can help you through your move.
The Moving Checklist
8 Weeks Out:
- Sort your closets, drawers, and cabinets
- Have a garage sale then donate or discard leftover items
- Choose your moving company with moving insurance
- Go over any paperwork
- Plan how to move fragile or specialty items
6 Weeks Out:
- Make time for friends and family
- Notify services (schools, banks, etc) and collect documents
- Arrange additional pet care or child care
- Arrange additional help
- Create an inventory list and take pictures
- Collect boxes
- Find out if your new place has any moving day requirements (apartments, condos)
4 Weeks Out:
- Purchase boxes, packing tape, supplies
- Contact current services and utilities to cancel (electric, gas, water, cable, etc)
- Contact services and utilities in the new area and schedule install and setup dates.
- Book hotels if moving long distances
- Request copies of pet records and get necessary pet medication from the vet
- Make any necessary repairs to the home
1 Week Out:
- Pack and label boxes
- Contact a locksmith for a new place on moving day
- Forward your mail
- Schedule a final walkthrough with your landlord
- Take pictures of the empty place
- Get up early
- Walkthrough to make sure you have everything
- Protect floors and carpets
- Inform movers of any special instructions
- Pay and tip your movers
- Make your bed and unpack the bathroom
- Get groceries
After Moving Day:
- Unpack and get organized
- Confirm your new address (doctor, bank, employer, license, etc)
- Thank anyone that helped you with your move
- Leave a detailed review for your move.
As you near the final stages of your moving journey, remember that Crown Movers is more than just a service provider; we're your moving partner. With our comprehensive Moving Checklist, you have a powerful tool at your fingertips. This checklist is designed to guide you through each step, ensuring nothing is overlooked. From the early stages of packing to the final day of settling into your new home, our checklist keeps you on track.
At Crown Movers, we understand that moving is more than just transporting belongings; it's about moving your life. That's why we're committed to being there for you at every turn, offering our expertise, support, and professional services. Our goal is to make your move as seamless and stress-free as possible. So, as you check off each item on your Moving Checklist, take comfort in knowing that Crown Movers is with you, every step of the way. Let's make your moving experience a journey to remember for all the right reasons.